The History Communication Institute was established in 2021 by public historian Jason Steinhauer. It is a decentralized, community-based organization modeled on a DAO Framework.
HCI community members voted in October 2021 to create an HCI Advisory Board. Current members include:
- Michael Stamm, Michigan State University
- Lindsay Krasnoff, Independent scholar
- Jessica Pearson, Macalester College
- Stephanie Fuglaar Statz, History Associates
- Kevin Richardson, Texas Campaign for the Environment
- Lindsay Alissa King, Deep Vellum Publishing
More members will be added.
A small group of external advisors also provide guidance to the HCI.